Diploma In Electronic Technology Program Objective
Electronic Technology has long been a pioneering field, with its roots in the phenomenal inventions of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, including the radio, telephone, and television. The field of modern times has transformed into a diverse and dynamic field, encompassing everything from mobile phones to robotics.
Electronic engineers are responsible for the design, development and testing of equipment, components or systems with an electrical power source. This field of engineering is often viewed as a subfield of electrical engineering. Usually the difference between the two is that electronic engineering focuses on the design of individual components of the circuitry and device, whereas electrical engineering is broader, focusing on power generation and transmission. It is worth noting that many universities have joint departments for electronic and electrical engineering due to their inherent interrelationship.
Specialization in Electronics Technology:
- Design new ways to use electrical power to develop or improve products.
- Perform detailed calculations to develop manufacturing, fabrication, and installation standards and specifications.
- Direct the manufacture, installation and testing of electrical equipment to ensure that products meet specifications and codes.
- Investigate complaints from customers or the public, evaluate problems, and suggest solutions.
- Design electronic components, software, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications.
- Analyze customer needs and determine requirements, capacity and cost to develop an electrical system plan.
- Developing maintenance and testing procedures for electronic components and equipment.
- Evaluate systems and recommend design modifications or equipment repairs.
- Inspect electronic components, equipment and systems to ensure that they meet safety standards and applicable regulations.
Minimum SSC, Dakhil and equivalent from any discipline with minimum GPA: 2.00.
HSC (Science) students can directly appear in 3rd semester
And HSC (Vocational) students can directly appear in 4th semester. (Passed Year 2011, GPA: 2.00)
Students are advised to submit the admit card to the admission office.
To confirm admission, students must submit
- 4 copies of recent PP size photograph
- Main copy of SSC transcript
- Photocopy of NID card of parents.
- With the properly filled admit card.
Note: Students will be admitted for limited number of seats.
- Circuit Lab
- Computer Lab
- Electronics Lab
- Drawing lab
- Communication Lab
- Machine Lab
- PLC Lab
- Majorant Lab